Friday 13 December 2013

Reflections

The blog entry that stood out most for me was Education Philosophy Interview with Jason from October 17. While I was quite confused and unsure of what to do when we were first given the task of finding four objects that represented our education philosophy, this activity ended up being one of the more memorable events in the course. Thinking about how my educational attitudes and beliefs could be represented by objects was sorta weird at first but when I found my objects and had the opportunity to explain them to Jason, I was very satisfied and notably happy. I found that associating my beliefs to something concrete really helped me cement my education philosophy in my mind. Seeing Jason’s objects and listening to him explain what each of them meant to him was also interesting. I was nice to hear what he thought was were some of the most important aspects of education and comparing them to my own. I’m not sure if these were the intended outcomes of the interview activity (sort of seemed like it was supposed to be a lesson on interviewing skills) but this is what stuck with me.

Two things that changed:
  1. I see myself more as a teacher of students and not just a teacher of math/physics
  2. I realize that I have a lot to learn
Two things that have stayed the same:
  1. I am very happy with path that I have chosen
  2. Getting to classes on time is difficult (This will not be a problem when I start my long practicum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment